Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    IGN
    Jaden891

Default Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal....Yu-Gi-Oh! Online 4???

So if not everyone has heard in late fall of next year a new Yu-Gi-Oh! Anime show will be released. It is called Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal and is about... uma Tsukumo is the number one bad boy at his school. Something unexpected happens as Ryoga Kamishiro challenges him to a Duel. When the mysterious entity Astral appears before them a new legend begins.

So I was wondering if you guys think in either late 2011 or early to middle 2012 do you think Konami will be releasing a Yu-Gi-Oh! Online 4. Also if you do think that do you think they will keep the avatars at motion or bring back the static avatars that didnt do anything but looked better.

Just my thoughts and for my opinion I would rather them bring back the old static avatars because in my opinion it made the game look better cause' they looked better.

NOTE: If this post is not allowed, PLEASE CLOSE IT MODERATORS. I wasnt sure if I could post this.
    Level: 16
    Decks:
    • Instant Genex Zero Monarch, • Frognarch, • Morphtronic
    My Trade Thread

Well if its anything like the time period between ygo2 and ygo3's release ygo4 won't come out till around 2013 that is if konami decides to make a ygo4.

Now onto the avatars I personally like the 3D avatars better than the old ones the only thing I miss is seeing my entire avatar during a duel but that is what the duelist interaction screens are for which I happen to like much better since the avatars move and have dialogue and all anyway to answer your question now imo I think they would keep the 3D avatars since the duel screen looks better the way it is in ygo3 imo of course but the truth is only time will tell what will happen with yugioh online and lets hope it will be good news and that they will continue yugioh online and turn it into ygo4.

P.S. Lets not speculate too much until there are official details from Konami.

Team
    EliteRogues
    IGN
    TEZZORI

I don't see them releasing a YO4 to coincide with Zexal. Mainlyb because they haven't even finished the full running of YO3 after almost a year now e.g map buttons. However, it's probably editable to the point that they could change the title screen to a different picture with all the main characters instead of Yusei for instance.

...On the other hand YO3 itself is kind of based on Neo Domino City from the anime so if the new show is set somewhere else then it would be weird. Honestly though, I've read the first manga chapter of Zexal and it doesn't seem great, I'm sure it will be another GX monstrosity aimed at younger viewers
    Twitter- @TEZofAllTrades
    Spirit- Dark Magician (blue armour)
    Signature Decks- Darkest Magic. Spellbound. Dark Sky. Wildfire.

Team
    No longer on UB!
    IGN
    ChickenNugget

I'll be disappointed if they don't get rid of this hugely disappointing game. YGO2 was better and I would love a YGO4 that is more like YGO2.
    Level 15
    Favorite card: Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
    Currently running Chaos Agents.
    I actually typed up a fanfic.

Its still too early to know. Becides Zxeal could just be strickly for TV as well. Lets just wait and see hm?
    Need help? Click here How to Play Yu-Gi-Oh Online 3 4/5/2011 (Up to 15,643 Viewed it -Total of both Versions)
    See the Cards I've Featured? Zentu's Card Index

IGN
    Necroticmage

If they do decide to make a Yu-GHi-Oh! Online 4 game it would probably be as much as a disappointment than this game. There will probably be a beta test for it, yes, but that's besides the point. The last beta test didn't change anything at all. Because with the YU-Gi-Oh! Online 3, the beta was meant for people to solve problems and send them to Konami (which I think is a contradiction since they hardly read their e-mails(posts) from what i've read). The reason why I think that this game won't be done is because it will just be the same episode (no pun intended). Because if we are recieving a lot of problems with Yu-Gi-Oh! Online 3, mainly because of the maintenances unlocking back doors, imagine what Yu-Gi-Oh! Online 4 will be like.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenNugget View Post
    I'll be disappointed if they don't get rid of this hugely disappointing game. YGO2 was better and I would love a YGO4 that is more like YGO2.
    h0w is it disappointing ?

lol i like yg03 because its fast pace and you can never really get bored due to the cards that comes out so quickly

as for yg04

they have to let the anime go for a while not to mention yg02 was around for about 3-4 yrs so i doubt we will see it for another 3 yrs b4 yg03 dies and moves onto yg04
    IGN: DDDPUNISHER
    Duel City Elite Duelist
    Current Level: 22
    Trade Thread- http://www.duelcity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10462
    Signature decks

Team
    Dreamstate
    IGN
    Valkyra

I too think YGO3 is better than YGO2 (from what I've seen anyway). I really like the 3D animations, simlpy because that's what is distinguishing YGO3 from all the previous YuGiOh games.

As for ZeXal, I don't think that getting a YGO4 in a short time span is the problem here. I think Exceed Summoning will be the problem. Not only does it require a whole new way of programming (Synchro was just a rip-off from Fusion anyway), which means I doubt a YGO4 will be released soon, but it might also ruin the gameplay as we know it. Just look at what impact Synchros had on the game. Now imagine they do it again, oh wait... they do.

Team
    DuelCityElite
    IGN
    LordMelchett

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyra View Post
    As for ZeXal, I don't think that getting a YGO4 in a short time span is the problem here. I think Exceed Summoning will be the problem. Not only does it require a whole new way of programming (Synchro was just a rip-off from Fusion anyway), which means I doubt a YGO4 will be released soon, but it might also ruin the gameplay as we know it. Just look at what impact Synchros had on the game. Now imagine they do it again, oh wait... they do.
    Yeah, I agree with this opinion. The Synchro Summon mechanism is not a lot different from the contact fusion mechanism. However, looking at what we know about excess summons it requires a completely new game engine to support them - so if we're ever going to see them online it would probably require a YO4 version. At any rate, I don't believe we'll see a new version for at least a year or two.
    Leader of DCE

Minister of card rulings (RC-1 Certified); Master of Solemn Judgments; Never Say Die Hero; Judai

Ultimate all nicknames in 1 duel

Team
    No longer on UB!
    IGN
    ChickenNugget

h0w is it disappointing ?

lol i like yg03 because its fast pace and you can never really get bored due to the cards that comes out so quickly

as for yg04

they have to let the anime go for a while not to mention yg02 was around for about 3-4 yrs so i doubt we will see it for another 3 yrs b4 yg03 dies and moves onto yg04
    Well, it's a number of things. We no longer have tiny little avatars to walk around through colorful environments. Now we get to stare at a really dark screen with barely any color variety. The 3D avatars look horrid compared to the 2D avatars. You can't type a name into the ignore list like you could during YGO2. Cards are unbelievably expensive. You hardly get any cards for your money now. The new card font is nothing like the font on real cards and looks hideous. A minor gripe is that an avatar's face is displayed during a duel rather than the entire avatar, but that's pretty insignificant. Also, they got rid of all the old expansion packs that improved structures (slightly) along with those other theme packs. We also have to use points just to get our event cards, which makes AT ridiculously pricey. The avatar parts we win from NPCs aren't even free anymore.
    Level 15
    Favorite card: Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
    Currently running Chaos Agents.
    I actually typed up a fanfic.